Born: Aug. 2, 1798, Mt. Freedom, Randolph, Morris Co., New Jersey Died: Sept. 7, 1881, Summit, Union Co., New Jersey Parents: Jabez Trowbridge & Jane Lewis Buried: New Providence Presbyterian Church Cemetery, New Providence, Union Co., New Jersey Marriage: Feb. 19, 1820, New Providence, Union Co., New Jersey Wife: Clarissa Hand Born: Oct. 30, 1799, New Providence, Union Co., New Jersey Died: Oct. 18, 1883, Newark, Essex Co., New Jersey Parents: Uzel Hand & Deborah Meeker (see below) Buried: New Providence Presbyterian Church Cemetery, New Providence, Union Co., New Jersey
Margaret Trowbridge Born: Aug. 2, 1823, New Providence, Essex Co., New Jersey Died: unknown First Marriage: unknown, New Jersey First Husband: John Cooper Born: unknown, Rahway, New Jersey Died: unknown Second Marriage: unknown Second Husband: Mr. Avery (first name unknown) Born: unknown Died: unknown Third Marriage: unknown Third Husband: Daniel Clark Born: unknown, West Haven, Connecticut Died: unknown
Anna Mariah Trowbridge Born: Apr. 23, 1826, New Providence, Union Co., New Jersey Died: unknown
John & Clarissa Trowbridge were living with their youngest daughter Harriet's family (see below) during the 1880 United States Census
IRA OAKLEY HOUSEHOLD DURING THE 1880 UNITED STATES CENSUS
Ira D. Oakley
Head of House-hold
Harry W. Oakley
Family Records: or Genealogies of the First Settlers of Passaic Valley, (and Vicinity,) Above Chatham with Their Ancestors and Descendants, as Far As Can Now Be Ascertained. Genealogies of the First Settlers of Passaic Valley, New Jersey
From the Morris County, New Jersey US Genweb pages maintained by Brianne Kelly-Bly.
Robert and Nehemiah, (sons of Hezekiah Hand,) removed from Westfield to Passaic Valley, about the year 1796.
3d Generation. Robert Hand, and Rachel Whitehead, had children:
1. Fanny, who married, 5th March, 1807, John Stanley, of New York; she had children:
1. Matthias Stanley, who went to New Orleans, and died in 1846, unmarried.
2. Eliza Anne Stanley, who married Sylvester Leonard, of Rahway, and went to Ohio. John Stanley died, and his wife Fanny died 30th May, 1812, aged 27 years.
2. Margaret married William Bonnel, of Plainfield, and went to French Creek, Pennsylvania.
3. Robert married Hannah Crowel, daughter of Samuel, of New Vernon; lives in Newark.
4. Uzel married Deborah Meeker, daughter of Daniel H., son of Isaiah, lived in Newark.
5. Deborah married Abner Williams, son of Noah, of Long Hill; lives in Morristown. [See Williams.]
6. Harriet married William Camp, Jun., son of William, of Livingston; had one daughter, and then died.
7. Clarissa, born 30th October, 1799, married, 19th February, 1820, John Trowbridge, of Morris county.
8. Frances Everet, who went west to the Mississippi river
Clarissa Hand, (daughter of Robert,) and John Trowbridge, had children:
1. Mary Jane, who married Francis Woodruff, son of John, of Elizabethtown.
2. Margaret, who married John Cooper, of Rahway.
3. Anna Mariah.
4. John Lewis.
5. Elizabeth Antoinette, born 14th February, 1831.