Photo Gallery - page 1 of 3

Photographs of Fort Saulsbury

Battery Hall (6)

N 3856.117 W07519.817 (USCGS "A3")

Built between 1918 and 1920. It had two 12-inch M1895M1 guns
on M1917 barbette carriages. There were 2 BC stations on top. Living
quarters were built inside. Named after Col. David Hall, a native
of Delaware, of the Continental Army. He was wounded at the Battle of
Germantown and later served as Governor of Delaware.
{see "American Seacoast Defenses" 2nd Ed. page 154}









HOME | NEXT