Photo Gallery - page 1 of 4

Photographs of Fort Mott

Battery Harker

This is actually a 6-gun combined battery with Battery Arnold. Harker
consisted of three 10-inch M1888M1 guns on M1894M1 disappearing carriages.
Built in 1897, this battery served until 1941. This battery was named for
Brigadier General Charles G. Harker who was killed in action in 1864 at Kennesaw
Mountain, Georgia.
{see "American Seacoast Defenses" 2nd Ed. page 122}



Emplacement #3

Emplacement #2

Gun emplacement #1

Restored ammo hoist

Interior corridor

Powder bags display

Projectile shells display

Battery Arnold (9)

N 3936.237 W07533.297 (USCGS "Fort Mott")

This battery consisted of three 12-inch M1888 guns on M1896 disappearing
carriages. Built in 1898, it served until 1942. However, the guns remained
until 1944. The battery was named for Brigadier General Lewis G. Arnold who
served in the Seminole Wars, the Mexican War, and the Civil War. He retired
in 1864 and died in 1871
{see "American Seacoast Defenses" 2nd Ed. page 138}.



Gun emplacement #3

Emplacement #2

Emplacement #1

HOME | NEXT