Shining As The Stars Forever
A. Dan. 12:3, brings before us The Christian's Supreme Task.
1. The greatest and the most worthwhile thing a Christian can do is to "Turn Many To Righteousness."
2. The Lord has saved us in order That We May Serve Him.
Ephesians 2:10, "For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them."
3. The Supreme Act of Service, so far as our fellow-men are concerned, is that of Bringing others to Christ.
B. Dan. 12:3, is Challenging Words for every Christian, to spur us on to our supreme task of winning the lost to Christ.
I. The Task Is Clearly Defined.
A. The Nature of the task.
1. It is Turning Men And Women To Righteousness.
2. Christians, this is our job: --- to bring others to know Christ, as:
a. Andrew brought Peter. (John 1:41)
b. Phillip brought Nathaniael. (John 1:45)
c. Woman at the well brought a great number. --- John 4:28-29, 39
3. Are You engaged in this task?
B. The Measure of the task.
1. Daniel 12:3, "And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever."
2. Matthew 9:36, "But when he saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion on them, because they fainted, and were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd."
3. Acts 18:8, "And Crispus, the chief ruler of the synagogue, believed on the Lord with all his house; and many of the Corinthians hearing believed, and were baptized."
C. The Superiority of the task.
1. This is the Greatest Work that a Christian can do.
2. It is great to be a Doctor, a Teacher, a Lawyer --- but the greatest task of all --- is to win one soul to Christ.
3. James 5:20, "Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins."
II. The Effort That Is Required --- An Effort Has To Be Made If Men And Women Are To Be Saved.
A. There is the effort of Prayer.
B. There is the effort of a Quiet, Consistent Life lived in the Home --- the Shop --- the Office.
C. There is the Spirit-directed frontal attack --- the Carefully Planned Approach to the soul who needs to be "saved".
III. The Reward That Is Promised.
A. Daniel 12:3, "And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever."
B. It is the promise of a "Certain" reward --- no maybe so ...
C. It is the promise of a "Glorious" reward --- "shine ... as the stars.
D. It is the promise of an "Eternal" reward --- "for ever and ever."
A Search For The Truth
If You Are Not "Saved", Nothing Else Matters!
(Click On The Word "Saved" To Find God's Plan)