"... the joy of the LORD is your strength." (Neh. 8:10)
A. There is a Fascination about getting Behind The Scenes of some heroic life to find the Secret of Their Power And Success.
B. We want to inquire of Moses:
1. How did he Face The Enemy --- “... not fearing the wrath of the king:”
2. What was the Secret of His Strength --- “... he endured, as seeing him who is invisible.”
3. Where did he Learn Endurance --- we shall see Five Sources of Strength.
The secret of Moses’ Endurance was that He Keep His Eyes on Christ!
A. Endurance is a Crowing Virtue of a person’s Character.
1. Next In Power to the Spirit of God Himself is the spirit of a Sincere, Determined, Enduring man who Refuses To Give Up.
1 Cor. 16:13, “Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong.”
2. Endurance Is Characteristic of All Great Men.
B. Moses was Tempted by Wealth and Power and Position.
1. He as Threatened by Royal Power --- Banished --- Tried by an Uproar and Ingratitude.
2. He knew Temptation of Society --- of Solitude and --- of Leadership.
3. Most of us are possessed with a Desire For Power & Success.
a. We would like to Reap A Harvest In One Day.
b. We cry out, “O Lord, how long!”
c. Gal. 6:9, “And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.”
C. He was Sustained by putting forth All His Moral & Spiritual Reserves.
1. Are we like the Wise or like the Foolish Virgins when Required To Wait.
2. What Qualities enter into Endurance?
A. Righteous Anger --- Moses obtained Moral Energy through righteous anger.
1. Not spluttering fireworks --- or flying off the handle --- but a Pure and Mighty Passion of indignation at the sight of Wrong or Evil.
2. Perhaps it was evident when he Slew The Egyptian fighting with the Hebrew --- but certainly when he Flung The Tables of The Law to the ground and broke them.
3. We must be Diligent lest this Passion of Righteous Anger becomes:
a. Deadened into Tolerance,
b. Dampened into Indifference,
c. Degenerate into Political Correctness.
B. Holy Fear --- Another spring of moral energy for Moses.
This was Not A Slaving Fear nor Animal Fright --- it was a Fine Recoil from things Morally Loathsome and Repulsive.
Heb. 12:28, “... let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:”
Heb. 5:14, “But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.”
C. Living On The Heights --- rather than the Valley of Misery, Anguish, Despair, Desolation and Hopelessness..
1. Moses was a Spiritual Mountaineer.
2. Jeremiah --- “Will a man leave (forsake) the snow of Lebanon ...” --- (Jer. 18:14)
3. Psalmist David --- “Thy righteousness is like the great mountains;” --- (Psa.36:6)
4. There are Alpine Words like --- Righteousness, Truth, Justice, Freedom --- things that men live and die for.
5. Song --- “I’m Living On The Mountain”
D. Noble Ancestry --- Moses had the inspiration of a noble ancestry.
1. Moses belongs to the galaxy of Patriarchs.
2. Many Pilgrims have gone our way before us --- we are in the line of great souls.
Heb. 12:1, “Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,”
E. Fellowship With The Living God --- “Seeing Him Who Is Invisible”
1. This is the Greatest central Source of All Endurance --- all others are but minor demonstrations.
2. Abraham --- Jacob --- Daniel --- Jesus --- etc.
3. We are Comforted and Strengthened by the Word of God.
“Let not your hearts be troubled .....”
A. We must endure, because at any time we may be Conscious of His Presence By Our Side.
B. Matt. 24:44, “Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.”
There Is No Second Chance After Death!
Prayer Request Personal E-Mail Questions