Travis Case, Pastor/Teacher Northgate Baptist Church F.E.A.S.T Ministries
"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine:" (Prov. 17:22)
"... the joy of the LORD is your strength." (Neh. 8:10)
A. A Good School is made by the Right Kind of Teacher.
B. If a Great School is made by great teachers, then you and I go to the Best School In The World.
C. Suppose that Jesus came today to our city, What Would He Teach?
I. The Primary Thing In Life Is To Establish A Right Relationship With God.
A. We are to Come To God Through His Son.
John 14:6, "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."
The way of the Cross leads home .....
B. We are to Surrender To Him As Lord.
1. Too many people are content just to have their Sins Forgiven.
2. Is Jesus more than just a Fire Escape to you --- If not, then He is not even that.
C. We are to strive to Please Him In All Things.
1. Why does a man work and slave for years to give things to his wife and children?
2. Paul --- gave up all things --- counted them but dung .....
3. He was able to do so because, "The Love of Christ Constraineth Me." (2 Coir. 5:14)
II. He Would Teach Us To Establish Right Relationships With Our Fellowman.
A. If we are right with God, We Will Be Right With Our Fellowman.
B. If we are not treating others right, we are Not In Tune With God.
1 John 4:20, "If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?"
C. This means that We Are To Love All Men.
1. It is only natural that we love some more than others --- even Christ did this.
2. However, as Cancer eats away the physical life --- so does Hatred Eat Away The Spiritual Life.
D. We should have a Right Spirit Toward All Men.
1. Jesus has a Spirit of Love and Forgiveness.
Matt. 6:14-15, "For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: 15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses."
Eph. 4:26, "Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:"
2. Some has said, "Iíll get even with him if it is the last thing I ever do --- It should be the last thing you ever do.
a. It is not our place to get even --- It Is Our Place To Be Christ-Like.
b. Rom. 12:19, "Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord."
E. We are to Encourage Others.
1. We should Not let our fellowman down.
2. We should Not forsake them when they fall.
3. Matt. 7:12, "Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets."
III. He would Teach Us That Eternal Things Are Much More Important Than Temporal Things.
A. Matt. 6:19-21, "Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: 20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: 21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also."
B. It is wrong to build large treasures upon this earth and not send anything up to heaven.
C. An Old Preacher Was Praying:
"Lord, help us to trust our Souls to Thee."
"Lord, help us to trust our Bodies to Thee."
"Lord, help us to trust our Money to Thee."
D. Luke 12:15, "And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a manís life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth."
E. Many people who have very little are happier than those who have much.
F. "Things" Cannot:
1. Bring Happiness,
2. Heal a Broken Heart,
3. Guide you to the light --- out of trouble.
G. If you love the Things That You See too much --- you will lose your love for the Things You Cannot See.
IV. He Would Teach Us That His Business Is The Greatest Business In The World.
A. His business Affects The World More Than Any Other Business.
1. When a Soul Is Saved --- a Life Is Changed.
2. An Eternity Is Changed from hell to heaven.
3. You Set Influences In Motion that will last Forever.
B. His business pay the Biggest Dividends.
1. Invest in Godís business and reap Eternal Dividends.
2. Receive dividends Here and Hereafter.
C. His business is the Most Enduring In The World.
1. Businesses which once were strong exist no more.
2. Godís business never fails.
A. Moses died before Israel crossed over Jordan.
1. Joshua was given command.
2. God promised --- Josh. 1:5, "There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life: as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee."
B. With is promise from God in his heart he faced the men of Israel and said, "Will yuou leave your homes, wives, children, cattle, to help us conquer Canaan?"
Joshua 1:16, "And they answered Joshua, saying, All that thou commandest us we will do, and whithersoever thou sendest us, we will go."
C. We Need This Same Spirit Today.
D. Will you follow the Lord --- help conquer this city for Christ.
There Is No Second Chance After Death!
Prayer Request E-Mail Guest Book