Travis Case, Pastor/Teacher Northgate Baptist Church F.E.A.S.T Ministries
"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine:" (Prov. 17:22)
"... the joy of the LORD is your strength." (Neh. 8:10)
A. Praise certainly includes Petition and Confession --- but more particularly Thanksgiving and Adoration.
B. David was so full of Love for the Lord and Appreciation of the Lord's greatness and goodness, that he said: "Seven Times A Day Do I Praise Thee..."
C. To praise God means to ascribe Glory and Worship to Him.
Psalms 50:23, "Whoso offereth praise glorifieth me:"
D. David praised the Lord Frequently and Habitually and with much Love in his heart.
Consider Why We Should Be Full of Praise To The Lord
I. Praise The Lord That God Is Our Loving Heavenly Father.
A. Have you ever wondered what it would be like to worship --- Mohammed --- Shinto --- Buddha .....
B. The True & Living God is the Father Only of those who put their Trust In The Lord Jesus Christ as their Saviour.
1. John 1:11-13, "He came unto his own, and his own received him not. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, [even] to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God."
2. Galatians 3:26, "For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus."
3. Romans 8:15-17, "... ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and jointheirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with [him], that we may be also glorified together."
C. Those who have Not put their Faith In The Lord Jesus Christ --- are Not children of God.
1. John 8:44, "Ye are of [your] father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do."
2. Matthew 13:38, "The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked [one];"
3. John 8:38, "I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father."
4. Acts 13:10, "And said, O full of all subtilty and all mischief, [thou] child of the devil, [thou] enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?"
5. I John 3:10, "In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother."
II. Praise The Lord That Jesus Christ Is Our Personal Saviour.
A. Without Christ we are:
1. Lost --- Luke 19:10, "For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost."
2. Dead --- Ephesians 2:1, "And you [hath he quickened], who were dead in trespasses and sins;"
3. Condemned --- John 3:18, "He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."
4. Under God's Wrath --- John 3:36, "He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him."
5. In Bad Shape --- Ephesians 4:18-20, "Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart: Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness. But ye have not so learned Christ;"
B. The Greatest Need of everyone is to know the Saviour --- the Lord Jesus Christ.
1. Matthew 1:21, "And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins."
2. If You Are Not Saved --- Nothing Else Matters.
III. Praise The Lord That The Holy Spirit Is Our Indwelling Comforter.
A. The Holy Spirit is the third Person in the Godhead --- He is one with the Father and the Son in the Holy Trinity.
B. The Holy Spirit is Within Every True Believer.
1. John 14:16-17, "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; [Even] the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you."
2. Romans 8:9, "But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his." --- V. 14, "For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God."
3. Romans 5:5, "And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us."
Heart-Felt Religion .....
4. I Corinthians 6:19, "What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost [which is] in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?"
IV. Praise The Lord That The Bible Is Our Chart And Compass.
A. The Bible is a Reliable and Authoritative Revelation of the Mind of God.
1. II Timothy 3:16, "All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:"
2. II Peter 1:21, "For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake [as they were] moved by the Holy Ghost."
B. Without The Bible We Are Completely In The Dark about God --- Salvation --- Death --- Eternity ...
C. At my funeral --- Bible across my Heart --- He Loved God and He Loved God's Word.
V. Praise The Lord That God's People Are Our People.
A. Ephesians 3:14-15, "For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,"
Homestead, Fla .....
B. Ephesians 4:25, "... for we are members one of another."
C. John 10:16, "And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, [and] one shepherd."
VI. Praise The Lord That The Whole World Is Our Mission Field.
A. Matthew 28:18-20, "And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: ....."
B. Luke 24:46-47, "... Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem."
C. Acts 1:8, "But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth."
VII. Praise The Lord That Heaven Is Our Eternal Home.
A. John 14:1-3, "Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if [it were] not [so], I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, [there] ye may be also."
B. Revelation 21:1-6, "And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. ..... And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely."
There Is No Second Chance After Death!
Prayer Request E-Mail Guest Book