God Has Called Everyone Into
Some Particular Work or Occupation!
1 Corinthians 7:17-24, "But as God hath distributed to every man, as the Lord hath called every one, so let him walk. And so ordain I in all churches. 18 Is any man called being circumcised? let him not become uncircumcised. Is any called in uncircumcision? let him not be circumcised. 19 Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God. 20 Let every man abide in the same calling wherein he was called. 21 Art thou called being a servant? care not for it: but if thou mayest be made free, use it rather. 22 For he that is called in the Lord, being a servant, is the Lordís freeman: likewise also he that is called, being free, is Christís servant. 23 Ye are bought with a price; be not ye the servants of men. 24 Brethren, let every man, wherein he is called, therein abide with God."
Ephesians 4:1-3, "I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called, 2 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; 3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace."
A. The idea that nobody has a life calling except preachers has done a great deal of Harm To The Church.
1. Everyone has a Calling --- and a Spiritual Gift to equip him .....
2. Everyone is called into a work that Nobody Else Can Do for him.
B. You owe it to God and to Yourself to fill that place to the best of your ability.
I. All That We Do Should Be Done In The Name of Jesus Christ.
A. Colossians 3:17, "And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him."
B. When we do a thing In The Name of another, it means that we do it By His Authority.
C. Since everything we do should be done in the name of Jesus, it follows that Our Position In Life is by His Authority.
D. We have No Right to occupy a place nor to engage in a work without the authority of Jesus our master.
II. Everyone Is Definitely Called Into His Life's Work For The Lord.
A. 1 Corinthians 7:23-24, "Ye are bought with a price; be not ye the servants of men. 24 Brethren, let every man, wherein he is called, therein abide with God."
B. God has Not Call Anyone just:
1. To be a Housewife .....
2. To Fill A Pew --- sit and listen --- take in but not give out --- be taught but not to teach .....
3. To Make A Living .....
4. To Care For Your Family Physically .....
5. To be on the Church Roll .....
6. To sit back and Let Others .....
C. God does Not call some to Take The Place of Others --- He has a place for you to fill of Your Own.
D. In choosing a Vocation we should find what God Wants Us To Do.
1 Corinthians 4:7, "For who maketh thee to differ from another? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?"
1. God Give Us The Ability to fill the position He calls us to fill.
2. Too many Never Give A Though of God in deciding what they want to do or be in this life.
3. Young people --- your entire future depends upon the decision you make --- it should be decided in view of the Will of God.
E. When we have chosen our life work or calling, we should recognize God As Our Senior Partner.
I Corinthians 3:9, "For we are labourers together with God: ye are Godís husbandry, ye are Godís building."
F. Failure to properly use our life for God, will cause us to Lose Our Power.
Matthew 5:13, "Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men."
1. Our Light should Not become Darkness.
2. The way to Prevent this is to Keep Busy For The Lord.
III. We Should Have Zeal In Our Calling.
A. John 2:17, "And his disciples remembered that it was written, The zeal of thine house hath eaten me up."
B. Half-Heartedness is Detested by the Lord.
Revelation 3:15-16, "I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. 16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth."
C. It Is Far Better to make a Mistake In Over-Zeal than to be Careless and Lukewarm.
1. You Can Not do a thing too well.
2. It is Impossible to do more than you ought to do.
D. It is a Life Time Work, and no one should ever retire in the service of God.
1. We may get tired In The Work but we should never get tired Of The Work.
2. A man is Never Old until he give up his activity and begins to Live In The Past.
IV. The Things We Possess Are The Tools of Our Calling or Vocation.
A. All Our Possessions are Tools with which we work for the Lord.
1. Our Personality .....
2. Our Talents .....
3. Our Opportunities .....
B. Your Life is a Light that should shine to Benefit Man.
Matthew 5:16, "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven."
1. What we Do reflects what we Are.
2. We should Reflect The Light of Jesus among men and thus lead them to Christ.
C. All We Have and All We Are should be dedicated to the service of God.
1. The Shumanite Woman dedicated her Home to God.
2 Kings 4:9-10, "And she said unto her husband, Behold now, I perceive that this is an holy man of God, which passeth by us continually. 10 Let us make a little chamber, I pray thee, on the wall; and let us set for him there a bed, and a table, and a stool, and a candlestick: and it shall be, when he cometh to us, that he shall turn in thither."
2. Mary, Martha, and Lazarus used their Home for the Lord --- John 11
3. Timothy's Childhood Home was used for God.
2 Timothy 1:5, "When I call to remembrance the unfeigned faith that is in thee, which dwelt first in thy grandmother Lois, and thy mother Eunice; and I am persuaded that in thee also."
4. In everything we should ask if this is God's Will.
5. All life appears differently when we recognize that Everything We Do Is Done As A Trustee.
1 Corinthians 6:19-20, "What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are Godís."
V. What Is Your Aim In Life?
A. Surely you are Not Aimless --- only a Fool would be .....
B. When you decide what your calling is --- What Purpose Do You Have in it?
1. It is all right to make money, but when you Make Money For Its Own Sake, you are headed for a Terrible Fall.
1 Timothy 6:9-10, "But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition. 10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows/."
2. Money is a Means To An End --- not the end .....
3. To Live For Self means final Failure.
4. To Live For God --- recognizing the fact that you are God's --- means final Success or Victory.
5. Soul-winning is the One Important Thing, all else should be a means to that end.
C. What Will The End Be --- Is Far More Important Than Any Temporary Success.
A Search For The Truth