"... the joy of the LORD is your strength." (Neh. 8:10)
, "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 2 For by it the elders obtained a good report. 3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
A. Whether you Believe in Creation or Evolution is Based On Your Faith --- not scientific evidence!
1. Christians "Know" that God created the heavens and earth by speaking them into existence because of our "Faith", not because of Scientific Evidence.
2. Likewise, Everything Evolutionists Believe about the origin of the universe is Based On Their Faith, not Scientific Evidence.
(The evolutionary concept of a natural origin and development of all material in the universe is destitute of true scientific proof and lacking even as a philosophical answer to mans origin, purpose and destiny.)
B. Neither Belief can be based on scientific evidence because:
1. Scientist Do Not even Agree among themselves,
2. Evolution Cannot be Demonstrated nor Falsified in the laboratory.
3. Scientist are not above Falsifying "Facts" in order to prove their points.
C. It Is Scientifically Impossible To Scientifically Prove Any Historical Event.
1. As we shall see in this study, there is No Way To Scientific Prove, Demonstrate or Falsify Evolution.
2. Since Evolution is not observable, repeatable, refutable or even testable, it can not be scientific, it must by its very nature be a belief (faith) --- it is Outside The Ream of True Science.
D. If they are honest --- both, Christians and Evolutionists, will admit that What They Believe is Based On "Faith".
I. The Myth of Pseudo-Science --- "Given Enough Time Anything Is Possible Even Evolution." In other words, no matter how small the chance --- given enough time it will happen.
A. Evolutionists hope that by invoking immense amounts of time, highly impossible events can somehow be made to happen.
1. With this type of argument it is possible to "Explain" Anything.
2. This outrageous myth Violates The Statistical Foundation on which all modern science rests.
B. The truth of the matter is that, the probability of any event, which has a known number of possible outcomes, Can Be Calculated Quite Easily.
1. The probability of rolling a particular number on a six sided die, is one chance out of six (the total number of possible sides) or 1/6.
a. The probability of getting Two particular numbers on two successive rolls of the die is 1/6 x 1/6 or 1/36.
b. You would only expect to succeed once in 36 rolls.
2. The Probability of randomly selecting the appropriate letters and spaces, in the right order, from a Scrabble Set to spell "The Theory of Evolution" is Beyond The Possibility of Probability --- in other words it is flat-out impossible.
a. There are 26 different letters and a space in the alphabet (total 27).
b. There is a total of 23 of letters and spaces in our sentence.
c. The probability of spelling this sentence without error by blindly drawing and replacing letters from our 27 character set is calculated by multiplying 1/27 x 1/27 x 1/27 .. 23 times.
(Each character is in unlimited supply because some characters are used two, three or more times in the sentence. In other words, you can not calculate the probability by multiplying 1/27 x 1/26 x 1/25 and so on unless you are trying to determine the probability of arranging the entire alphabet, with only one of each character, in a certain pre-determined order.)
d. The answer reveals that we could expect to spell this simple sentence correctly and in the right order By Chance approximately Once In 8 Hundred Million, Trillion, Trillion Draws.
e. If we drew and replaced letters at the rate of One Billion Per Second we could expect to succeed Once In 26 Thousand Trillion Years!
f. If you think this is amazing --- wait until we get to the human body!
3. To illustrate how quickly these numbers of probability (or chance) can add up, notice the following example:
a. If you took a piece of paper 1/500th of an inch thick and tore it in half and put the two halves on top of one another, you would have two pieces of paper and a total thickness of 2/500ths , or 1/250th of an inch. If you tore those in half you would have four pieces with a total thickness of 4/500ths, or 1/125th of an inch. If you tore those in half you would have eight pieces, and so on. Now, if you tore that original piece of paper, in that manner, a total of fifty times, how tall would the stack of paper be? Mathematically, the equation would be 2(50) pieces of paper times 1/500th of an inch.
b. Answer --- 1,125,899,906,842,624 or one quadrillion, one hundred twenty-five trillion, eight hundred ninety-nine billion, nine hundred six million, eight hundred forty-two thousand, six hundred twenty-four inches. Or --- 35,539,769 miles 4,154 feet 2.3808 inches to be exact.
4. It is necessary to understand these figures in order to understand the Scientific Probability of Evolution and How Much Faith It Takes To Believe In Evolution.
(( Now Lets Get Started ))
II. The Genetic Information In The DNA of One Human Cell Is Approximately The Same As The Information In 1,000 Books of 500 Pages Each With 400 Words Per Page or 200,000,000 English Words.
A. There is More Information In The DNA of One Human Cell than in all of the textbooks required to take a person from Kindergarten Through Medical School.
B. The Genetic Information of a living organism is contained in its DNA.
1. A typical Human Cell contains about 3 Billion Nucleotide Pairs, which make up its genetic code --- nucleotides are the coding elements of DNA for Amino Acids.
2. It takes Three Nucleotide Pairs to code for One Amino Acid --- thus, the human genetic code (DNA) can define the sequence of 1 Billion Amino Acids.
3. Enzymes and Proteins are composed of long strands of Amino Acids.
a. An Enzyme is a sequence used to control the internal chemical processes of the cell.
(1). The Simplest Bacteria has about 2,000 different kinds of enzymes in it.
(2). A significant Malfunction of Only One critical enzyme will normally Prove Fatal to a cell.
(3). This can happen because of a Single Wayward Amino Acid.
b. A Protein is a sequence of Amino Acids used in a structural function.
(1) There are Only Twenty Amino Acids used by the human body and coded for by DNA.
(2) The average sized protein is made up of 500 Amino Acids.
(3) There are over a Thousand Different Kinds of Proteins in the human body, and each has a unique chemical composition necessary for its own particular function.
4. For a living cell to Remain Alive and to Reproduce Itself requires a number of different systems to function properly:
a. Energy Metabolism,
b. DNA Copying,
c. The Selective Action of A Cell Membrane. etc.
C. Now, would you like to work out the Probability of all this taking place At The Same Time by Spontaneous Generation from nothing?
This Really Takes A Strong Faith --- For Example:
D. For the evolution of Just One Average Size Protein (about 500 amino acids) the time required is unreal.
( Keep in mind, there are over a thousand different kinds of proteins in the human body, and each has a Unique Chemical Composition necessary for its own particular function )
1. The average size Protein is about 500 Amino Acids.
2. There are Only 20 Different amino acids.
3. Assuming an Inexhaustible Supply of each of the 20 different amino acids, the probability calculation would be 1/20 x 1/20 x 1/20 .. 500 Times.
4. The number of possible combinations of the amino acids in this protein is 1 With Over 600 Zeros After It.
5. If the Entire Universe were packed tight with tiny computers the size of electrons:
a. Each trying a Billion Different Combinations of the 500 amino acids A Second,
b. We could sample Only A Very Small Fraction of All The Possible Combinations in our one protein in 300 Billion Years.
6. Remember, there are a Thousand Different Kinds of Proteins In The Human Body and each has a unique chemical composition necessary for its own particular function.
If You Think That Is Impossible, Think of The Eye Evolving!
E. The Eye gives the Lie to Spontaneous Generation.
1. The human brain consists of approximately 12 Billion Cells, Forming 120 Trillion Interconnections.
a. The light sensitive retina of the eye (which is really part of the brain) contains over 10 Million Photoreceptor Cells.
b. These cells capture the Light Pattern formed by the lens and convert it into Complex Electrical Signals, which are then sent to a special area of the brain where they are transformed into the sensation we call vision.
2. The eye is constructed exactly like a Camera except that it is infinitely More Complex and Sophisticated.
a. The eye has Auto-Focus and automatic adjustment of the iris diaphragm.
b. The lens of the eye actually Changes Its Shape or correction to focus at different distances.
c. The Lens is made of Living Cells that are marvelously Transparent, as is the Cornea, the window like skin that covers the eye.
d. The Retina (light sensitive "film" layer) which lines the back of the eyeball, is Thinner than a sheet of Saran-Wrap.
e. The Retina is vastly more Sensitive to a wider range of light than any man made film.
The best man-made film can handle a range of 1,000-To-One. By comparison, the human retina can handle a dynamic range of light of 10 Billion-To-One.
3. The Light Sensitive cells of the Retina are like an Extremely Complex High Gain Amplifier.
a. There are over 10 Million such cells in the retina.
b. These photoreceptor cells have a very high rate of Metabolism and must Completely Replace Themselves About Every 7 Days!
c. If you look at a very bright light such as the sun, they Immediately Burn Out but are Rapidly Replaced in most cases.
d. Because the retina is thinner than the wavelength of visible light it is totally transparent.
4. Each of these minute Photoreceptor cells is vastly More Complex than the Most Sophisticated Man-Made Computer.
a. When a photon of light first strikes the Retina, the retina is Rearranged Within Pico-Seconds.
(A pico-second is about the time it takes light to travel the breadth of a single human hair).
b. An estimated 10 Billion Calculations Occur Every Second in the retina Before the light image even gets to the brain!
c. To simulate 10 Milliseconds of the complete processing of even a Single Nerve Cell from the retina:
(1) Would require the solution of about 500 Simultaneous Non-Linear Differential Equations One Hundred Times,
(2) Would take at least Several Minutes of processing by the Most Powerful Man-Made Computer.
d. Keeping in mind that there are 10 Million or More Such Cells Interacting with each other in complex ways .....
..... it would take a minimum of A Hundred Years of computer time to simulate what takes place in your eye many times every second.
e. What makes this comparison even more incredible is the fact that nerve cells such as the photo cells of the retina conduct Electrical Signals approximately A Million Times Slower than the circuit traces or "wires" in a Man Made Supercomputer.
5. Attempts to explain the Spontaneous Generation (evolution) of the Eye borders on the edge of Simple-Mindedness or Stupidity.
a. Gradual, step-by-step, evolution of the eye would be impossible because Its Many Sophisticated Features Are Interdependent.
b. A person Lacking Any One of the eyes many integrated features would result in a severe loss of vision or outright blindness.
c. Evolution would have to build a complex organ (such as the eye) In One Step.
It Is Written:
Proverbs 20:12, "The hearing ear, and the seeing eye, the LORD hath made even both of them".
E. The Tremendous Amount of Information in the genetic code of a human being or of any other living creature is so Large and so Detailed and so Consistent and so far beyond the ability of chance to produce that it shows very clearly the work of an Intelligent Being --- God.
1. Life is so Complex and Improbable that the evolutionist actually has No Explanation for how it Began.
2. Evolutionists rarely attempt to Calculate The Probability of Chance occurrence in their imagined evolutionary scenarios of Spontaneous Generation.
3. It is as though God Left A Message In The Genetic Code, waiting for man to get advanced enough to read it. The message says, "Guess what fellows, I was here first."
Genesis 1:1, "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Romans 10:17, "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
The Bible Is The Revelation of An Omnipotent And Omniscient Creator Whose Word Is More Rel iable Than The Speculations of Men.
Now For A More Detailed Scientific Description of The Eye
If You Are Not Saved, Nothing Else Matters
There Is No Second Chance After Death!
Prayer Request Personal E-Mail Questions
Copyright © 1977-2003, F.E.A.S.T. Ministries, Travis Case, Irving, Texas